Heart Surgery Anniversary: One Year Later!

This time last year, I was trying to get to sleep worried about having to have heart surgery. I woke up at around 4 am to go to the hospital, my family came with me. It took us about an hour to get there, the sky was cloudy and it was drizzling much to my excitement.
I thought yay! At least I get to see some rain. Once we got to the Methodist hospital, where I had my surgery, the people showed us where to go so, that I could change. I went into the room nervous thinking wow! This bathroom looks like the kind of bathroom that they would have at a fancy hotel.
No time to think about that.... ok so, how do I put this on? I think i'd rather just leave but, how do I get out of here? There are no windows for me to jump through... ok, fine... i'll just go through with it. Here goes nothing... really cold.... can someone put the other side of this gown on for me please, I can't reach.
After finally getting my hospital gown on and conversing with my family about how I have nothing to worry about, they finally started to wheel me in. The guy that was wheeling me into the preparation room, was serious and had alot of tattoos, not really very comforting for me but, I could tell that he was trying to be nice. Once I was in the room they, wheeled me into a stall with a guy standing next to a computer. This guy was alot friendlier and even got me to start making jokes or, maybe it was the drugs.
Either way I felt cheered up a bit. I'll spare ya'll the dramatics of all the needles and things that they stuck in my arms. I'll just say that they pretty much stuck a needle in every vein they could find. Ok, I feel really nauseous right now.
Hold on.... where were we? Right so, after they were done sticking in all of those needles they, brought me into another room and put a blue mask over my face. I immediately fell asleep. A couple hours later, I woke up!
It was a really good feeling, I was alive! And now i'm thristy... can I have something to drink? No! What...?
How come...? You can only have a couple of sips but, don't drink too much or, you'll.... you'll... barf... what? Hold on... blahh!!! More please!!

And that was that. There is more to this story about all of the other dramas that I went through but, I don't think I need to tell y'all about those. Maybe later.... I just wanted to tell y'all about my anniversary. Glad that it's over.... never again!
I hope! : )

Comments

  1. I'm glad your surgery is over too, Joseph, and I hope you too never have to go through it again! It is a good anniversary to celebrate that you are feeling good and doing good! Have a great day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you had heart surgery! A successful surgery is certainly something to celebrate! I think I'd be just as nervous as you. I got knocked out when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, and it was just like you said, one minute you're awake, the next you're waking up... what happened in between??? Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, nothing, I don't remember. I'll I remember is blue. I wasn't really asleep it was like I was in a deep thought thinking about something but, I don't remember what I was thinking about and then I woke up. : )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Visitor's are welcome! : )

Popular posts from this blog

Toy Cars And a New Computer!

I've Found More Trails to Explore!