Nature Report 2!

Time for another nature report, saw some interesting creatures while I was in D.C.

                   
Black Squirrel, I saw one of these near the Reagan International airport when I was riding my aunt's bike. The bike trail over there is really cool, it goes from Virginia to Pittsburgh (about 320 miles) and you can pass by the Reagan International airport and watch the airplanes take off and land, very cool!
Tiny black ladybug with orange spots, hyperaspis
Black ladybugs, I also saw a black lady bug when I was riding my bike near the airport. I think the one I saw had red dots but, i'm not sure.
Cricket, I found this cricket hoping around on the floor of my house. Simon was very excited, he's a house cat so, he doesn't see crickets that often.
Texas White Pelican sitting on a piling near the pier of the A White Texas Pelican Bed and Breakfast in Kemah, Texas.
    Pelican
 
Seagull
                                                                     
I learned the difference between a seagull and a pelican, seagull's have short beaks and pelicans have long ones.

Opossums, I still haven't seen that mother opossum's babies. I wonder where she put them. I hope they are ok. Actually i'm not even sure if I have seen their mother, it may have been a different opossum that I saw about a week after i'd seen the mother and her babies. I don't know it looked like the same opossum.

Raccoon, it's still hanging around, nothing new.

Peacock's, they are looking plump, maybe they are pregnant, it's that time of year again! Sadly they won't be  able to use our trees anymore like they used to, they used to use our trees to raise our babies. But, they won't be able to now since they have been cut down.

Well, that's it for this week's nature report. I hope to bring you good news next week. Later!

Comments

  1. Wow, what an interesting bunch you discovered too! great photos of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trail in the DC area to Pittsburgh sounds like quite an adventure! Lots of miles for someone who enjoys riding their bike (provided there were plenty of places to stop and rest and get something to eat along the way :)

    I don't think I've ever saw a black ladybug; very impressive!!

    great nature report Joseph!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Ya I would definitely need to bring lots of water and a sleeping bag with me if I ever attempted to do that, Google said it would take a 1 day and 6 hours

      Ya, I've seen a green one. It was the only one I've ever seen.

      Thanks! : )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Visitor's are welcome! : )

Popular posts from this blog

Toy Cars And a New Computer!

I've Found More Trails to Explore!