More Scams!

I had put a post on Craigslist about me wanting to get a job. I have been looking for a job for awhile but, I haven't been able to get one yet so, before I went to bed on Saturday I thought that I should make a post on Craigslist about me wanting to get a job. I had put my cell phone number so, that they could call me. On Sunday morning when I picked up my cell phone I noticed that I had a text message saying that this guy will pay my $550 dollars biweekly. I thought wow that's a good deal! So, I responded and he told me to get on Yahoo instant messanger so, that he could train me to put ads on Craigslist. He told me to pick a city and to copy and paste something that he wrote on to the post so, I did that and I clicked the post button and I hit continue. Right after I hit continue it said that I needed to pay before I could post it since I was trying to post a ad in Houston which costs $25. So, I thought about it for a minute since I didn't like the idea of paying for something when I didn't really know the guy but, since I was naive and I thought maybe this guy was telling the truth I decided to put my credit card in to try to pay for the ad. After I had filled out all the information I needed to fill out I clicked continue and it said error. So, I tried it a couple more times and it kept saying error. After that I said it's not going in what do I do? He said just give me your credit card number and I'll do it for you. By then I was already suspicous and I wasn't going to give him my credit card number. No way! I went to google and I looked up Craiglist ad scams and I had found tout that alot of people were scammed the same way as I was. So, I asked him if this was a scam and he started to give me alot of misinformation about his company. He gave me the address to a fashion design website and told me that he wanted me to post ads for cleanlers. This was starting to look weird and I wasn't feeling to good about it so, I told him that I wasn't interested in the job anymore. He asked me why and I told him that I just didn't want to do it anymore. Then I left Yahoo. I was really upset that I had just wasted two hours of my Sundday talking to a scammer and I think so, was he. When I logged on to my gmail account a message popped up from him saying hey. I was really annoyed so, I didn't answer him at first. Then after a couple of minutes I said hey and I told him that I didn't want the job. Then I deleted him from my contact list. I hope he didn't get any information from me. I changed all my passwords and deleted all of the personal information in my email just in case. I haven't heard from him again so, I think i'm safe. Thanks to Google who probably found him and stopped him from hacking into my account. I just thought I should tell yall this so, they you don't try to post a job wanted ad on Craigslist because all your going to get is just a bunch of scams. I think this is the longest post that have I made! I hope you enjoyed reading it because I enjoyed writing it. I try not to make the next post this long.

Comments

  1. It is hard to find a job these days; don't give up, just be selective in where you go looking for jobs. There are lots of scammers out there; if it looks really good, chances are it is probably a scam. I'm glad you figured it out sooner than later on this particular scheme. I like Craigslist for some things, but one has to be careful with it too. A teenager got killed here a few months ago when he went to pick up a computer he thought he was buying and the people "selling" it decided to steal the money he was going to use to pay for it so they killed him. So just be careful out there!

    good luck with your job search!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Visitor's are welcome! : )

Popular posts from this blog

Toy Cars And a New Computer!

I've Found More Trails to Explore!