Riding The Trail: Billy's Big Adventure!


It was summertime in Oregon when Billy had decided to take his older brother's bike to school. Billy had successfully ridden his older brother's bike to his elementary school. He had taken it to try and impress his third grade class, which he did. But he didn't impress his brother who had to walk to school because he didn't want to ride his younger brother's bike.

Billy sort of felt sorry for his older brother, but he was having so much fun riding his bike. That after school Billy had decided to take his older brother's bike through the Oregon woods.
Once Billy had gotten to the woods, he was tired and didn't feel like riding his older brother's bike anymore. He couldn't even sit properly on it. Billy's older brother's bike was too high and his feet could barely touch the pedals. Bill was starting to feel sorry that he took his older brother's bike.

He stopped in the middle of the Oregon woods, where he thought he had seen a black duck sitting on top of a tree. Bill was very tired.... He got out his cell phone and texted his older brother who was mad and thought that his bike might have been stolen.

Billy now felt worse, he wanted to rest, but he couldn't in the middle of the woods. He was afraid a bear would eat him. Billy pedaled his older brother's bike all the way home, as fast as he could!
Once Billy got home his older brother was mad, but his mom was just happy to see that Billy got home safely. Billy told his mom about the bear and black duck that he saw, and how he wanted to impress his third grade class. Billy's mom just smiled and rubbed Billy's head.
After that Billy was really tired and just collapsed on the sofa, skipping dinner. He ate his dinner for breakfast the next morning.

The end.

Joining Josie Two Shoes in her Two Shoes Tuesdays, click the link to join in, or see other entries. http://www.josie2shoes.com/2014/05/two-shoes-tuesday-77-text-or-trail.html

Comments

  1. Joseph, this made me wonder if you have done something like this! I know you love adventures and bike riding! Good story. I always enjoy your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I did take my older brothers bike once without his permission, but not into the woods though! Thanks! : )

      Delete
  2. hmmm I thought he might have found a severed head but my sick mind wen the wrong way. Just a fun story and so typical of brothers getting angry-too bad for him:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, no, no shrunken heads in that forest! Not that I know of...
      : )

      Delete
  3. Wonderful story for Two Shoes Tuesday, Joseph, I love it! I can see you know just how it felt to borrow a bike that was too big - fun to show off, not so fun to ride all the way home. I'm glad you didn't go thru the woods and turn into bear snacks! ;-) I think as children we often do things that don't turn out as well as we planned, but most often our mothers are so very happy and relieved to see us safely back home, even if they act like they are a little mad. Your illustration was great too... a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this made me remember a time when I was a kid and riding a bike that was wayyyyyy to tall for me and I couldnt stear it properly and slammed into a fence going head over heels over the fence...the bike stayed on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! I had a really bad incident where I tried to tie my dad's old steering wheel on to a bike and it came off as I was riding. Luckily right away, before I left my house, or I probably would have hurt myself badly! : )

      Delete
  5. Cute story, Joseph. Makes you wonder if Billy will take the bike again or if he'll wait until he grows a bit into it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is going to get his own, when he is tall enough. Or maybe his older brother will give it to him! : )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Visitor's are welcome! : )

Popular posts from this blog

Toy Cars And a New Computer!

I've Found More Trails to Explore!