San Marcos River!

On Sunday my dad and I went to the San Marcos river to swim. I was really surprised when I jumped into the river. It was over 100 degrees outside and the river was still cold. That's because the water comes from springs which get their water from underground. Also since the water comes from underground their was plenty of it. The river didn't seem to be affected by the drought and the water was flowing rapidly. A little too rapidly me and my dad got caught in the current. Are bodies were flown down the current making it hard to swim. We got out ok but, are arms and legs got scratched up by the rivers rock slides. We probably should have rented one of those tubes. Either way I think San Marcos is a fun place to swim and cool off. Just make sure you stay away from those rock slides. That's what pulled us into the current.


   The new Rio Vista Dam - First Drop      
                                                                       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toy Cars And a New Computer!

I've Found More Trails to Explore!