Nature Report 6!

About these: I wasn't supposed to talk about them so, shh!!!!

Spider eggs, we find them every summer, usually near the entrance....
One of the baby spiders.
Adult, spider that I think laid the eggs.
Black bellied whistling ducks, I think these are whistling ducks, found in George Bush Park. They have a red bill, long orange legs, black belly, and a large white patch on the back of it's wings.
I was going to ride my bike to Cinco Ranch but, the path was still flooded from all the rain that we had gotten last month. I probably could have made it but, I was afraid of finding a snake or, alligator. I saw something moving in under the water when I was taking this picture, I think it might have been an alligator.

I think this is the Mark's Ranch but, i'm not sure, you know that thing that I talked about before. http://josephsreallife.blogspot.com

Another week exploring nature, oh! And I forgot! I don't know if i'm supposed to say anything about this either but, I rescued a blue jay from a street behind my house the Sunday before last and I brought it to TWRC where they cured it from it's internal bleeding. I don't know what happened to it, it might have been hit by a car. I would show you a picture of it but, I don't think i'm supposed to, sorry guys! And I want to say thanks to the TWRC vet that helped the blue jay, thanks!!!!

Ok, that's enough for this week, not sure what i'm going to talk about next week. I hope to bring y'all more, bye!

Black bellied whistling duck info courtesy of http://www.allaboutbirds.org/

Comments

  1. Creep crawlers! Oh my! Nice photos though, especially the first one, the ducks are all dressed up ready to go somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Ya I think it was given to us as a joke present to represent our family. : )

      Delete
  2. I always look forward to your reports. Thanks Joseph!
    Spiders totally creep me out, but do serve a purpose.
    The Whistling Ducks are very interesting! Great report!
    I can hardly wait for the next one! Hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I agree with you on the spiders! Thanks!!!
      : )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Visitor's are welcome! : )

Popular posts from this blog

Toy Cars And a New Computer!

I've Found More Trails to Explore!